How the days are passing ...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Weekend management

ingBefore 2004, I spent three years in Kolkata. I used to travel back home to Burdwan during weekends. I used to sit with my friends and tour across the city with my cycle. The charm of the weekend was to chat with friends or to play cards with them. From end-2003, I used to attend classes and then used to meet my girlfriend.

After coming to Hyderabad in mid-2004, I was repeatedly troubled by how to spend the weekend. The biggest dilemma was to decide whether to go out or stay back at home to conserve some energy for next weekend. Initially, my energy and eagerness to tour across a new city got priority over the latter. Later the issue became so complicated that I had to spend a few moments to think about what really can be done over the weekends. Of late I have modeled a plan for ideal weekend so that my decision making becomes easier.

Let me see the forces those ask me to stay home -
A1) The English Premier League Live telecast on ESPN (Thanks to the Cable operator, it didn't add my worries in some time periods)
A2) Cook, cook and eat (Somehow I like to cook new items at home and eat)
A3) Enormous lethargy. (Common to all techies)

And the forces to move out of walls -
B1) Seeing new places.
B2) Eating in a restaurant (my favourite are Paradise and Tabla, although it's too costly)
B3) Shopping and reading books in Himalaya book stores.

There are four basic time slots available to me - Saturday morning and evening, Sunday morning and evening. So if I reserve Saturday evening for A1(most of the matches are in that slot), and the morning for cooking, then I can go out on Sunday. So an ideal weekend goes like this :
Wake up late in Saturday morning -> Go to nearby market -> come back and cook -> a siesta till EPL live starts -> have foods at night -> talk over phone -> (optional) Read books/write blogs ->sleep -> Wake up late in Sunday morning -> get ready and reach the bus stand -> Eat in a restaurant -> shop in a AC shop (books or anything else) -> have dinner in a nearby shop -> talk over phone -> Good Night!!

Well, reading this, if you think I'm a machine, then I would ask you to think again. I always have plans but I seldom execute those. That's the charm of the life. After all, to lead a predictable life is equivalent to living in hell. So, I hardly care about these plans when weekend really comes. I plan because I love to plan and I am happy that I have chalked out a plan at last. But who can compromise over the uncertainty hidden in the weekend? Let me decide on the next weekend what to do, whatever I would like to do after getting out of the bed. A new weekend should always be there to enjoy it in a new way. That's how life goes ...

1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger ango said...

hey...nice weekend mgmt idea...its the same here...plan..plan..and plan...it does help..lifes got to move on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home